You have received your Alps analysis – A guide to subject review
With the switch of submission of data on Results Day to Connect Data, your Alps analysis is now available instantly in Connect Interactive or as a PDF report. This means that you will be able to begin your subject reviews whenever you choose, and with access to Connect Interactive available online, access for staff is more flexible than ever.
This short paper details how you might use your Alps analysis with staff to complete subject or course reviews. There is a short accompanying video on our website which you may find useful in setting out how Connect Interactive can support in the review process.
Using the data to conduct your review
One of the key aspects of using the Alps methodology to analyse your results is that it allows you to identify questions to ask yourselves.
- How do your strategic indicators compare with last year/over a 4-year trend?
- Are there any gaps in performance of the different groups of students in your subject?
- How does the performance of each teaching set compare to the overall VA grade?
- Were predictions in line with outcomes? By subject or by class?
- Were intervention sessions targeting the appropriate students?
- Encourage your staff to have looked at their subject page and used the ‘what-if’ prior to any review meeting
Additional support can be found in our new help section accessible from your Connect homepage, where we have staff checklists containing more analytical questions to use when reviewing data.