Important updates for 2018/19
Alps Guides 2018 – Benchmarks and methodology for all analysis
Missing the pages from the front of your report? These have now been moved to the new Alps Guides which cover all the benchmarks and explanations of the indicators.
These are available to Alps clients : Connect Homepage > Resources > Downloads
Immediate Reporting Via Alps Connect
- When you submit your data, your analysis will be immediately available via Alps Connect, both in your PDF report format and within Connect Interactive (if you purchase this).
- As you will have instant access, we are no longer printing and posting your PDF reports to you.
- Within-year monitoring will be via Connect Interactive only from Autumn 2018, there will not be PDF versions of Monitoring Reports available.
- Connect Data now allows you to make as many changes to your data as needed, for examples if you have re-grades. There is no limit to the number of ‘re-submissions’ of data you can make.
New Benchmarks for 2016 BTECs
We are delighted to announce that we have completed the analysis of our client data for the 2016 BTEC Suite, and we have been able to generate benchmarks for those subjects for which we have enough data; for the Extended Diploma, Diploma, Extended Certificate, Foundation Diploma and Certificate, along with the equivalent Cambridge Technicals qualifications.
We have also been able to generate Alps Minimum Expected Grades for the 2016 BTEC Suite which can be used for target setting, tracking and monitoring.
These updates will be to your Subject Overview, individual Subject Pages and SPO.
Any data you have in Connect Interactive will automatically include the new benchmark, and your 2016 BTEC qualifications value-added scores will appear on the subject overview page. Your staff will be able to analyse in the usual way, by subject and by teaching set.
The new 2016 BTEC MEGs and benchmark details are in the Alps Guides which are available to all Alps clients via your Connect Home page in Resources > Downloads.
A list of the subjects we are able to benchmark is available HERE
New Benchmarks for GCSE DA Combined Science
We are delighted to announce that we have completed the analysis of our client data for the GCSE Double Award Combined Science, and we have been able to generate a client based benchmark.
Any data you have in Connect Interactive will automatically include the new benchmark, and your Science value-added scores will appear on the subject overview page. Your science staff will be able to analyse in the usual way, by subject and by teaching set.
Your strategic indicators will be updated – please be aware that your Red and Blue teaching measures may have changed a little.
New 2018 Benchmarks
We have updated A, AS and KS4 benchmarks for England. The headlines are:
- There is little movement at A and AS level – the Alps Minimum Expected Grades (MEGs) remain the same as last year
- KS4 prior attainment bands have had to be adjusted, resulting in slight changes in Alps MEGs
- The benchmarks are based on our analysis of the full national data from the Department for Education
- The updated benchmarks are available in the Alps Guides, which can be found via the Connect Homepage
- How the linear A levels performed in 2017 – read our blog
Alps Connect Data
The way that you provide your grade data has changed. All data must now be uploaded via Alps Connect Data. For more information, see our Connect Data page.
Subjects Awaiting Benchmarks
Important Information regarding the benchmarks for:
- Foundation/National Skills Certificate (Wales)
Click here to read more.
Alps Connect Interactive
A host of new Alps Connect features will be available in Autumn 2018. To find our more, take a look at our Amazing New Features article.
Target Setting 2018
- Connect Data allows you to carry out target setting for both Key Stage 4 and 5. You can generate Minimum Expected Grades (MEGs), and import them into your MIS
- Please see our Knowledge Base or User Guide (within Connect Data) for details on how to generate your Alps MEGs